NO MORE is a unifying symbol and campaign to raise public awareness and engage bystanders around ending domestic violence and sexual assault.
By raising awareness nationally and bringing people, organizations and advocates together around a common mission, NO MORE aims to help gradually shift perceptions, normalize conversations and engage bystanders to take action to prevent and ultimately end domestic violence and sexual assault.
CYMRU SAYS NO MORE exists to raise awareness for domestic violence and sexual assault and generate support and resources for the many organizations that are working on these issues. CYMRU SAYS NO MORE does this by:
- Making the NO MORE symbol freely available to anyone to use to raise money and support for their work to end domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Equipping organizations and advocates with free, simple tools to increase visibility and educate their communities about domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Conducting new research with partners on how domestic violence and sexual assault are impacting various communities.
- Raising awareness for domestic violence and sexual assault nationally with Public Service Announcements.
- Giving survivors and supporters a platform to speak out and raise awareness about domestic violence & sexual assault. Check out our online Pledge and Photo Gallery.
- Helping visitors find local organizations and events that they can get involved with and support near them.
- Connecting visitors with relevant resources and news.
- Directing individual donations towards local groups.
CYMRU SAYS NO MORE is not a service provider, but its work to raise awareness and support for domestic violence and sexual assault, and for the non-profits that are working to prevent them is helping to make a difference in the lives of survivors. CYMRU SAYS NO MORE directs all individual donations to partner organizations in the prevention field, bolstering the lifesaving services they provide to communities nationwide. CYMRU SAYS NO MORE also encourages those working to end domestic violence and sexual assault to use CYMRU SAYS NO MORE to raise money, generate support, and bring communities together around these issues.
The signature blue vanishing point originated from the concept of a zero – as in zero incidences of domestic violence and sexual assault. The smaller, inner circle of the vanishing point symbolizes moving toward our end goal when “Together we can end domestic violence and sexual assault.”
The NO MORE symbol has been in the making since 2009 in the United States. It was developed because despite the significant progress that has been made in raising awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault, these pervasive issues remain hidden and on the margins of public concern. All the major domestic violence and sexual assault organizations in the United States agreed that a new, overarching symbol, uniting all people working to end these problems could have a dramatic impact on the public’s awareness. They all support NO MORE.
In order to create the symbol, representatives from the domestic violence and sexual assault field and communications professionals working to raise awareness for these issues, teamed up with some of the top marketing and branding minds in the country. Together they developed the NO MORE symbol which was then tested with a range of audiences including young people and men. NO MORE received support from all demographics in the country. The majority of respondents thought it was memorable and said that the symbol was needed and important.
And now this public awareness raising campaign is in the UK and in Wales.
To highlight NO MORE at an event you may:
- Co-brand it with NO MORE, showing the symbol alongside an existing logo.
- Add the NO MORE symbol to printed materials like event programs, brochures and hand outs. Include some background information on NO MORE to introduce your attendees to the new symbol for domestic violence and sexual assault awareness.
- Add the NO MORE symbol to visuals like posters and banners.
- Add the NO MORE symbol to collateral and giveaways that are distributed at your event, like pens, t-shirts, mugs and tote bags.
- Make and sell NO MORE products to raise funds.
The Tools to Say NO MORE are available free of charge and contain everything you need to start using the NO MORE symbol and raising awareness in your community in a comfortable and accessible way, including the NO MORE logos, usage guidelines, co-brandable posters, sample social media posts and e-mail templates, a NO MORE Awareness Event Toolkit and more. Use the Awareness Event tool kit to replicate the outlined event, scale it to your needs or simply use it as a source of inspiration.
No. We have designed NO MORE to be a symbol for anyone and everyone who advocates for ending domestic violence and sexual assault. There are some things to keep in mind before printing the symbol however. Please make sure you have seen our usage guidelines, a folder in the Tools to Say NO MORE, and review the NO MORE style guide before reproducing the NO MORE symbol in printed or digital mediums. Also,we’ve included an index sheet with our minimum size requirements and spacing guidelines as well as a spectral data sheet to help with matching NO MORE’s signature blue and gray as they are both custom colors. Please consult the style guide, the index sheet and the spectral data sheet before printing the symbol and share these items with design and production vendors as needed to ensure they follow our guidelines and match the color exactly. If needed, the NO MORE team can provide a hard copy swatch of the signature colors upon request. You may request this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and using “Color Swatch Request” as your subject line.
Yes. We strongly encourage that anyone and everyone who supports the mission of NO MORE integrate the NO MORE symbol into existing branding, materials and collateral. NO MORE can be showcased side-by-side existing logos or displayed on its own, signifying that the bearer, whether an individual, organization, or corporation, has joined the ranks of the countless others who are working together to bring an end to domestic violence and sexual assault. If you are interested in co-branding the NO MORE symbol, you can access the Tools to Say NO MORE, which has everything you need to get started, including our usage guidelines, a folder in the toolkit, to help you answer any questions you may have about using the NO MORE symbol.